Nobody will really like to see a doctor, but when you are managing chronic diseases like diabetes, treatment is very important. You are the captain of your own health care team, so you should be well prepared for your treatment. Good care will help you manage your blood sugar and improve your quality of life.
Here are the treatment activities that you may be involved in:
- Detection of blood and / or urine to understand blood glucose levels,
- Detect your HbA1c level (your average blood glucose level over the last 2-3 months)
- Detect your lipid levels, also known as lipids (cholesterol and triglycerides)
- Detect your urinary protein levels
- Your team recommends other tests,
Your diabetes care plan should suit your lifestyle, so tell your health care team about your family situation, work or school timetable. Tell them about your daily activities, meals, cultural backgrounds and things that bring you stress.
Here's a list to help you plan:
- Short term is the next few days and weeks you can complete the matter (for example: I will walk three days a week for 30 minutes)
- Long term goal is in the next few weeks and months, you can complete the matter (for example: I will accept the eye examination or I will make my HbA1c down to XX%)
- Go to your eye doctor once a year, or follow the recommended number of times
- If you find a nail with an embedded, cracked or other foot problem, see your podiatrist
- Follow your recommended number of times to see your dentist
- To see other necessary specialists